Recently I met with a situation which I never expected in my life and that made me to think “what is the reason for remembering someone in our life and why we remember only very few people..?”. May be its a wild question but just think about the people you met in your life, I know you could easily remember some people at the time of reading this, also when you pull your memories back you might see some more faces but I am sure there are hundred and hundreds of faces that are hidden, but why..?
why couldn’t we recollect the faces of others..?Just think about the people around you; if your friends, colleagues, neighbors, classmates etc ask this to themselves, and how many of them would remember your face at the time of asking this question. This is where memories play a big role in everybody’s life. This shows that without creating great memories nobody will remember you in their life so always keep one thing in your mind which is to create memories in others life.
So, how great memories create meaningful life..?
I would say that nobody will remember you until and unless you create a high impact in their life which means you need to create great memories in other’s life, then only you will be remembered. As i said earlier, the value or the depth of the memories that you created will determine the way you remembered in other life.
At the end of the day life will be meaningfulwhen you feel that you have done something that can make you remembered even after your life in this world.
In our life, in the relationships that we had and having, the memories are the things that make you feel their presence and their absence, without memories there is nolove, nofriendshipand nolife…
So how can we create great memories..?Here are some tips:
Give an experience that others never tasted
Smile at people, which is the most simplest way
Mind people when you are working in a society
Provide value while talking
Join when there is teamwork
Call people rather than messaging or mailing
Take initiative to meet people to whom you had issues
Determine to create great memories, if you do you will stick with that and can create memories
there are lot more and that are depends upon you..
If you created great memories in others life you will be remembered in their heart even when you are away and they will cherish the great memories that you created in their life. Enrich your life with great memories…
Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.
Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.
Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other’s feelings. Interested in serving others.
Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.
Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.
Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.
Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.
Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.
Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented. “Doers” who are focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, they’re risk-takers who live fast-paced lifestyles. Impatient with long explanations. Extremely loyal to their peers, but not usually respectful of laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done. Great people skills.
Practical, traditional, and organized. Likely to be athletic. Not interested in theory or abstraction unless they see the practical application. Have clear visions of the way things should be. Loyal and hard-working. Like to be in charge. Exceptionally capable in organizing and running activities. “Good citizens” who value security and peaceful living.
People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.
Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function.
Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.
Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.
Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into “one-up-manship”. They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
Assertive and outspoken – they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.
If you want to live a personal and professional life with no regrets, follow these 43 life lessons, penned by H. Jackson Brown.
1. Never give up when you truly believe. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts – the smartest person in the room seldom beats the one with the most passion.
2. Believe in love at first sight – be open to instant infatuation with respect to both people and business ideas.
3. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams – no one has the right to opine upon someone else’s desired future because no one can attest to the validity of an unrealized dream.
4. Find a job you like and you add five days to every week – I often tell my children), “I never worked at day at my startups because we were having too much fun.” Admittedly, not every day was a carnival, but I certainly enjoyed the majority of my startup workdays.
5. Every so often, let your spirit of adventure triumph over your good sense – good judgment arises from mistakes, mistakes arise from bad judgment. Thus, a bit of occasional bad judgment is good for you.
6. Great love and great achievements involve great risk – nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go venture.
7. Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were meant to do – entrepreneurs never calculate probabilities, even if the chances are one in a million, “one” is all you need to win.
8. Never deprive anyone (including yourself) of hope, it might be all they have.
9. Be the first to say, “Hello” – always set a friendly tone with a warm smile, a hearty handshake and a robust greeting.
11. Be kinder than necessary – there is an infinite supply of kindness, so don’t fear depleting it.
12. Give people a second chance, but not a third – be nice, but not stupid.
13. Be tough minded but tenderhearted – hold people accountable, but consider uncontrollable factors that impact someone’s performance.
14. Every so often, push your luck – push your luck slowly and deliberately, but be ready to quickly pull back, as you often won’t know you have pushed your luck too far, until after the fact.
15. Win without boasting, lose without excuses – internalize your failures and externalize your victories.
16. When lending people money, be sure their character exceeds their collateral – honesty matters, both yours and those with whom you associate.
17. It’s not your job to get people to like you, it’s your job to like people – you can only control your own actions and feelings, don’t try to control those of others.
18. Never resist a generous impulse – if you hesitate, you’ll quickly rationalize a dozen reasons to act charitably… later. Unfortunately, “later” rarely arrives.
19. Fight fairly. Give generously. Laugh loudly. Love deeply.
21. Do your homework and know your facts, but remember it’s passion that persuades – history if filled with passionate leaders, I know of none that were unemotional.
22. Ask someone you’d like to know to list five people they would most like to meet. It will tell you a lot about them – consider using this as an interviewing technique, you might be surprised by your candidates’ responses.
23. The shortest way to get anywhere is to have good company – one of the reasons I enjoyed my startups so much is that I had the pleasure of working with fantastic teams comprised of smart, dedicated and kind people.
24. Share your knowledge and you become immortal – mentoring matters, convey your insights freely to those who seek them.
25. Everyone wear an invisible sign that reads “Notice me. Make me feel important.” – ask people questions about their passions and achievements, almost no one can resist this temptation to talk about themselves.
26. Hire people more for their judgment than for their talents – forget resumes and hire based on attitude and aptitude.
27. When there’s a piano to be moved, don’t reach for the stool – lead by example, never ask someone to do a task you would not do yourself.
38. Watch for big problems. They disguise big opportunities – great entrepreneurs turn challenges into breakthrough innovations. Embrace problems, never flee from them.
39. Earn your success based on service to others, not at the expense of others
40. Happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect – if you doubt this wisdom, consider all the rich, powerful and famous people who are miserable.
41. After you’ve work hard to get what you want, take the time to enjoy it – in Startup Life, Brad Feld advises entrepreneurs to spend 10% of the proceeds of a financial windfall on something frivolous. What’s the point of accumulating capital if you never derive pleasure from it?
42. Don’t think you can relax yourself to happiness. Happiness comes as a result of doing – as David Pink has noted, most people are motivated by mastery, autonomy and purpose. These needs are heightened with inactivity, which is why most happily retired people have active lives.
43. Be happy with what you have while working for what you want….
The 7 Habits has a way of seeping you in, with several life lessons touching on almost every aspect of life from marriage to parenting to leadership.
1. Putting First Things First
“Easy leadership is putting first things first”.
In order to be a great leader, one has to prioritize the most important things before others, and has to distinguish the most critical from the insignificant and place the critical first.
First in order, then first in priority and first in rank. If the critical is placed first, and given the critical focus and attention, there is certainly effectiveness in leadership with soar.
2. Begin With The End In Mind
It is important in everything that we do, we ask ourselves what we are trying to accomplish. It is more adept at answering this question for the short and medium term goals. You will realize, you can get better at beginning with the end in mind for longer term goals but you my still have to put in more effort to get there.
3. Think Of Win-Win Situations
“This is a frame of the heart and mind that always seeks mutual benefit in all interactions of humans”
According to Covey, Win-Win means agreements are mutually satisfying and beneficial. He says that the way people think in terms of dichotomies; win or lose, hardball or softball, strong or weak is fundamentally flawed.
4. Stick To Your Main End Goal
“The main goal is to keep the main goal the main goal”
It is important that you never lose sight of the big picture and always be determined by keeping the main thing the main thing.
Failure is hugely contributed to by losing focus. Even though you have a good start, it is essential that you avoid all sorts of distractions and attractions you may experience in life that may sidetrack you. Be focused on the main thing, and keep it the main thing!
5. Your Character Is Critical
Stephen Covey teaches us that our character is a composite of our habits, and therefore, we should know that character is very critical. Watch your habits because they determine your character and it is your character that defines your life. It is difficult to rise higher than your character’s fortitude. Your character forms the foundation for your life and for you to change your life, you have to change your character.
6. Be Good At Listening
Lastly, we first need to understand, to be understood. Listen to what other people have to say and try to understand them. Equally, they will grant you the same courtesy and respect your opinions just as you have shown them. Stephen writes,
“We have a tendency to rush things, and fix them up with good advice”
Change: Scientifically it is “become different..“ but for me it is ” a reversible process where nothing is permanent..“… it is like seasons, there is no permanent change, if there is spring then it will change to summer after a short duration, there everything is for a short time and change can be reversible too.
Transformation: Scientifically it is “a marked change in form, nature, or appearance..” but for me it is “An irreversible change from one stage to a better new stage…” Its like the transformation of caterpillar to beautiful butterfly, where there is no coming back.
Why do we need a transformation..?
The answer is very simple, we all are not living as like we live in our dreams also we miss the passion to live the way we really want. This is why we sometimes feel exhausted and frustrated, so we need a transformation from this level to something new and better level where we can enjoy the success and the failures too…
Is it possible to transform ourselves..?
Well, we don’t need to talk about theories of transformations, let’s take some real examples of people who transformed their life.
1. Judge Mathis
A real example for personal life transformation (Street gang to superior court judge)
Judge Greg Mathis was a member of the notorious Detroit street gang, the Errol Flynns. At age 17, he was incarcerated after being arrested several times. After his release, Mathis went to college where he became a campus activist; and he was later elected a superior court judge for Michigan’s 36th District.
2. Harland David Sanders (KFC)
A real example of business life transformation (Failure to Success)
Harland David Sanders, the famous KFC “Colonel,” couldn’t sell his chicken. More than 1,000 restaurants rejected him. But then one did, and today there are KFC restaurants bearing his imageall over the world.
A real example for professional life transformation (floor clerk to Chairman of NYSE)
The New York Stock Exchange’s high-powered executive kicked off his career in 1968, when he was hired as a floor clerk in the exchange’s mailroom. At the time of his retirement, he was the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange
So all the above mentioned examples are proven that the transformation is possible in all the areas of our life. But would have happened if all the above examples were just a change..? Ohhh.. !!
How can we transform our life and achieve the three levels of success..?
Its true that we can divide out life into three levels, that can help us to focus exactly where we need the transformation. The following are the three levels:–
Personal: Here is your happiness lies
Profession: Here is your growth lies
Business: Here is your success lies
The process of transformation starts from a determination “I Want To Transform…”. Yes, if you want transform your life to the level that you dream always, you need to take it in your heart and you need to find out your passion; the ultimate thing that makes you feel happiness, success and everything.
I would say, set realistic targets in each of the three levels and be committed to it, you will feel that your life is transforming. Only a daily habit can make a transformation, so change your habit.
Follow the things that mentioned below:-
1. Personal life: Make a new daily habit, nothing can transform you until you take a daily implementation. For example drink more water to reduce your weight, smile at people, read books to expand your knowledge, take things positively by saying positive things, keep commitments, try to say NO when it needed etc. These simple habits can change your personal life.
2. Professional Life: Keep professional commitments, prepare well, always give more than expected, grab the opportunity, squeeze your knowledge and aim to earn experience. Have a clean focus on these and do things that can take you to these areas.
3. Business Life:Always ensure that three people are with you; a visionary (may be you), a strategist and an executioner. Business life will be a success when you have these three people with you. To transform you business believe in the following:-
SAVE (S- Solution, A- Accessibility, V- Value and E- Educate)
Whatever be the business, it should address all the factors that mentioned above. SAVE is the key to transform your business life.
So “transform your life and live as you live in your dream…”
“If you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it…”
Its true that many of the people are existing but not living their life but why? There is no life if you don’t have a passion.
Its proven that we are the designers of out life as great people said “You are the product of your thoughts..”. Here, in this article I just listing down some points that can change your life; it can help you to “design your life and live in your passion..”.
1- Let go of the stuff that pulls back you from achieving your dream, desire and life that you are dreaming
Today is the day, where I challenge YOU to look deep within yourself and ask yourself a hard question;
“What or who, in your life, do you need to let go of in order to cleanse out anger, frustration, emotional pain, sorrow, fear, negative thoughts etc?
Yes, its true that we all carry many things that we don’t need actually but we are not realizing that such things are squeezing your energy, make you feel tired, will let you down always when you want to do something.
ERASEall those thoughts, stuffs, people from your mind and life and start a new life that you are dreaming. Life needs a cleansing to start a new day.
2-Forgive yourself: Stop regretting about the past and start dreaming for the future
Many people, sometimes including me also regret about the past things, one thing is sure that we cannot change the past; so always think “past is past and lost is lost..”.
Make a decision to forgive yourself and move on – shift your focus from what you did not do; to what you can do now and in the future.
3- Identify the stuff that makes you happy and spent time for that and set it as the high priority thing in your life
All are wandering unnecessarily to get happiness, peace and comfort. Be quite for sometime and think about each and every moment that made you happy and from that choose the best thing and set it as your catalyst for happiness.
– Spending time with your loved ones
– Listen your favorite music
– Take a day out
– Enjoy the solitude
Give much of your time to nurture things that make you happy than wasting time for unnecessary things.
4- Action oriented attitude= success
People take resolutions but most of them are not trying for that. Have a quick review on your past year targets and achievements, in most of the cases you might see no result. so,
You either take action towards your goals or you don´t – there´s no in between! There´s no trying.
Being action oriented also means that you stop over-thinking things (because that´s not action), you look at the situation, make a quick decision to do what´s best – and then go take care of it!
Don’t let anything stand in your way, be proud of who you are and the decisions you make!
5- Prioritize what really matters and let go of the rest:- make room for what you really want
You can design your life by choosing what you want in your life but for that you need to make room for that, which means you should prioritize things that matters.
Always do things that meet your happiness and passion; never give your time and energy for what you don’t like to do and follow. Say “NO” without any hesitation and move fast.
6-Find your power quote and get inspired by that
Finding a power or making your own quote will give the energy and inspiration for achieve things in your life.
I defined my own power quote and that gives me some kind of fuel when i think of it. hmm. my quote is the following:-
“Designing my life and living in my passion…”
Really the above quote is from my heart and I trust the words in that, especially the word passion. So find your own quote and try to achieve the real life.
7-Raise your standards and enjoy the quality of life
Its not a marketing theme or something like that; its purely means setting up of higher standards in your life.
For eg. there is a hidden fact ‘people always unconsciously notice your shoes while you coming, so wear nice shoes..‘ . In this it tells, raise your standards in the following areas of life:-
– Physical and grooming (buy one or two branded things, you will see that people notice you..)
– Communication and approach (talk with full clarity, good eye contact etc)
– Professional (always provide more than expected, speak abot something new in discussions etc)
– Social (raise your attachment and make others feel your presence)
8- Identify your passion and break the rules for achieve that (only if needed)
The only person who can define your limit is YOU. So now break the rules and boundaries that you set in you mind and explore the real life.
You don’t need to obey the rule that pulls back you from achieving your dreams and life. So Break It!!
9- You weren’t born to be perfect, you were born to be yourself
“Perfectionism is always end in frustration…”
Never be a perfectionist, if you are, you will never be comfortable and satisfied.
Accept who you are and believe that no one replace your seat. If you do things with your full capacity, that itself is enough to achieve you want in your life.
Follow the three rules:-
1. Acknowledge your flaws instead of trying to hide them -ultimately you’ll gain more respect
2. Acknowledge your flaws instead of trying to hide them ultimately you’ll gain more respect
3. Start with what you have – don´t wait for things to be perfect
10- Trust your heart and do what you love
Finally do what you love..
You don’t need to convince anyone, do things that you love but ensure that others are not affected by you. Without passion you cannot do things at its fullest, you cannot love what you do. So find your passion and live with that.
If you are passionate in doing things that you love: